2/14/14

Day 2: 30 days of Gluten Free

Day 2 no gluten. Woke up this morning drank a smoothie and went on a 10 mile bike ride. When we came home we whipped up a couple of protein shakes. I could have really gone for a sandwich on some hearty whole grain bread.... I did notice I wasn't as hungry today and I'm usually starved all day (I've thought it a combination of sleep deprivation and breastfeeding the little one). Dr Davis in Wheat Belly claims wheat to be an appetite stimulant. I'm interested to see if I continue to not have as much of an appetite or if today was just a fluke.

Breakfast: Be-et Mine Smoothie

2 Apples Cored
1 Beet, with Greens scrubbed and quartered
1/4 inch piece of Ginger
1/2 C sliced Strawberries
2 C Water
Blend all ingredients until smooth. Drink and share!

Lunch: Apple with Almond Butter (Hubbs had Creamy Chicken with Wild Rice Soup- VitaMart Soup of the Day)

Snacks: Protein Shake with Strawberries
Fruit and Nut Trail Mix

Dinner: Quinoa Fried "Rice" with Beyond Meat Chicken Strips and Veggies

(after dinner I also had 1/2 of a gluten free cupcake leftover from the little guys first birthday, wasn't as satisfying as I thought it would be)





No comments:

Post a Comment