2/23/14

Day 10, 11&12: 30 Days of Gluten Free


We've had a few busy days that have left me unable to post. After 12 days of Gluten Free I feel terrible. I am starting to have low energy even though I am actually getting the best sleep I've had in 6 months. I am also feeling bloated and could not stop burping the other day! I track my foods on My Fitness Pal, and have for a while. It seems I am getting more calories from fat than I usually do and even though I am averaging the same number of calories I have gained 3 pounds!

Now I know many people that have a gluten intolerance feel so much better on a gluten free diet but for so many people that are just trying to lose weight, it may not be the solution. 

This next week I am going to try harder to be cleaner with what I'm eating and cut way back on the meat. We usually don't eat as much as we have been but the Wheat Belly Diet does tout a high meat, cheese, vegetable diet. It's also essentially a low carb diet but I will discuss the pitfalls of that later in another post. 

Day 10 
This is the day I started feeling crummy. Maybe I'm detoxing? We will see how I feel at the end of this week.

Breakfast: Protein Shake
Lunch: Almond Butter on Rudi's Multigrain GF Toast
Snack:Roasted Mixed Nuts
Organic White Cheddar Popcorn
Dark Chocolate Covered Blueberries  
Dinner: Homemade Sloppy Joes (not from a can, I will update with recipe) on Against the Grain Baguettes, Baked French Fries, Peas and Corn in Butter and Baked Beans


Day 11
Today was BJs birthday so we went out to dinner and I adapted a recipe from the SmittenKitchen to make him a Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake (will update with recipe adaptations). Eating out has been surprisingly easier than I thought. One of the restaurants we frequent just rolled out their new menu last night and almost half of the menu is gluten free! 

Breakfast: Didn't happen. It was a miracle the boy got breakfast, bath, and I was completely dressed when we left the house!
Lunch: Roasted Vegetable Soup
Snack: Cheese Curds
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

Dinner: Chopped Salad, hold the croutons, Roasted New Zealand Lamb Chops with a Rosemary Demi Glacé, Roasted Asparagus, Carrots and Mashed Yukon Gold Potatoes- so good!!

Day 12 
Despite feeling lousy we managed a 16 mile bike ride!
Breakfast: Loaded Scrambled Eggs with Onion, Red Bell Pepper, Jalapeño, Raw Cheddar Cheese and Procuito 
Lunch: Tuna Salad with Pickle, Onion, Sweet Fennel and Red Pepper Miso Mayo served with Blue Corn Chips
Snack: Raw Pecans, Spoonful of Peanut Butter
Bites of BJs Birthday Cheesecake every time I opened the fridge!
Dinner: BBQ Ribs with Organicville Gluten Free BBQ sauce, Roasted Asparagus and GF Cornbread made with Quinoa Flour 
The cornbread was surprisingly good and quinoa flour was easy to bake with. Due to quinoas high protein content you don't need xanthan gum for it to hold together.   

No comments:

Post a Comment