2/1/14

Kale Slaw with Peanut Dressing




While getting ready to teach a class the other day I came across this recipe I hadn't made in a while. I love the tangy sweet peanut dressing and have had many complements on this salad. It's a great salad to serve at summer picnics because nothing in it has to be refrigerated and it can sit out a while, but there is no reason to wait until summer for this tasty salad!

For the dressing:
1/2 C all natural Peanut Butter- I used fresh ground 
1/2 C neutral flavored oil like sunflower
1/4 C Apple Cider Vinegar 
2 Tbs Honey or Rapadura (unrefined) sugar

For the salad:
1 large or 2 small bunches of Lacinato Kale
2 Bell Peppers (use red, orange or yellow)
1 big handful of Cherry Tomatoes halved
2 large Carrots sliced 

Either in a blender or food processor combine all dressing ingredients. I love my immersion blender for things like this!
Blend until dressing is smooth and creamy...
Cut kale into thin ribbons.
Toss kale with sliced bell peppers, carrots and tomatoes.
Toss vegetables with dressing and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment