3/6/14

Day 23: 30 Days of Gluten Free

I have to admit I'm losing my zest for the Gluten Free Diet. I don't feel mental clarity, a reduction of aches and pains or any thinner. I haven't wanted to check the scale since I gained 3 pounds in the first 10 days, so next week I will weight in and measure up. 

What I have gained is greater insight into what a celiac goes through. The convenience products are more expensive and many times not to tasty. You can eat out with some planning and there are resturants that cater to gluten free clientele but many that have "gluten free" menus are just hamburgers without buns. 

To be honest this is the hardest diet I have ever gone on. We haven't had one iota of wheat or gluten in three weeks. One more week to go and then the true test of our gluten free diet, how do we feel when we reintroduce gluten into our life.

Breakfast: Kate Farms Komplete Protein Shake Java
Lunch: Tres Pupusas Green Chili and Cheese with Smoked JalapeƱo Kraut 
Snacks: Kind Bar Ginger Cashew
Dinner: Turkey Meat Loaf with Baked Potato

Turkey Meat Loaf
(No eggs or gluten)

12oz Ground Turkey
2 Carrots Shredded (I used 3 but it seemed like too many in the finished product)
1/2 Onion Chopped
1 Tbs Chia Fiber
1 Tbs Agave Sweetened Ketchup
2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 tsp Worcestershire 

For Topping:
1/4 C Agave Sweetened Ketchup
2 Tbs Worcestershire 
1 Tbs Balsamic Vinegar

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all meat loaf ingredients in large bowl. Place meatloaf mixture in a large glass pan. Bake for 30 minutes. 
Meanwhile mix together topping ingredients in a small bowl. Spread ketchup mixture on partially cooked meatloaf. Bake additional 15 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment