3/5/14

Day 21: 30 Days of Gluten Free

I hate breakfast. I know it's The Most Important  Meal of the Day, but I hate it. I'm not a fan of cereal, never have been. I also am not big on dessert first thing in the morning, which is why I don't like cinnamon rolls, muffins or doughnuts. It's seriously been over 10 years since I've eaten a doughnut, but that's a story for another day. Most breakfasts are too sweet or too hard to prepare when you are half asleep. I also don't like to start the day with a heavy meal, it makes me sleepy. So I skipped breakfast and would have my first meal of the day around 2 pm. I was fine with it. I wasn't hungry, my energy was fine. I actually felt bad and would be hungry all day when I ate before noon. 
Then I passed out one day and I realized I was feeling really lousy if I didn't eat. My blood sugar kept dropping and I didn't know why. Then I found out I was pregnant and I had to start eating something to keep my blood sugar up, so I started drinking protein shakes every morning and it just stuck. I've been drinking a protein shake every morning for about 2 years now. It's always a plant based protein powder with almond milk and a little frozen fruit for variety. That's why I start my morning everyday but Sunday with a protein shake. When I was pregnant Sundays were Biscuits and Gravy almost every Sunday for 9 months. It was for the baby!
 
Breakfast: Blueberry Protein Shake
Lunch: Ceasar Salad, Leftover Eggplant Parmesan 
Snacks: Blue Corn Chips & Salsa
Dinner: Pan Fried Rockfish Tacos on Sprouted Corn Tortillas with Smoked JalapeƱo Sauerkraut and Spanish Style Quinoa with Black Beans

No comments:

Post a Comment