2/16/16

Cinnamon Raisin Oat Muffins

Don't you just hate when you can't find a recipe that you want to make? I couldn't find the recipe I was looking for, then the brand new bag of wheat bran I had in the pantry smelled off, so I decided to scrap my original plan and go rogue and I'm glad I did.
These muffin were born from what I had in the pantry and a desire to make them as healthy as possible. No refined sugars or oils here! They came out moist and flavorful, but I found their flavor improved overnight and the orange zest really shined.
Each muffin has 12 grams of fiber and only 10 grams of sugar so they are a healthy and delicious way to start the morning!

Cinnamon Raisin Oat Muffins
Makes 24 
3 oz Unsweetened Apple Sauce (I used one of the toddlers pouches)
3 Eggs
4 Tbs Blackstrap Molasses
1 C Non-fat Greek Yogurt
Zest of an Orange
1 C Orange Juice
2 tsp Cinnamon
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 C Oats that have taken a quick trip through the food processor to break them up a bit. 
2 C Whole Wheat Flour
1 1/2 C Raisins



Preheat oven to 350. Grease or line 24 muffin cups, set aside. In a large bowl mix together apple sauce, eggs, molasses and orange zest. Then add yogurt and orange juice. In a separate bowl mix together cinnamon, baking soda, flour and oats.  Mix wet and dry ingredients until they just start to come together. Then mix in raisins. Scoop batter into muffin tins about 2/3 full. Bake 18-20 minutes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment