5/19/14

Salted Maple Cashew Crispy Treats





Who doesn't love rice crispy treats. Back in the day I used to walk to the gas station by my office and buy them at least once a week. It shames me to think I bought "food" at the gas station. Since turning my life in a healthier direction one thing I've shunned is marshmallows (and gas station food) because of the ingredients and unfortunately that included my beloved rice crispy treats. I had forgotten about my obsession until recently when I came across a recipe for a healthier version, so I tried it and it was sooo sweet. I felt there had to be a better way and I wanted to put a bit of a gourmet twist on it.

Ingredients:
3 C Crispy Brown Rice Cereal
1/2 C Cashew Butter, unsweetened/ unsalted
1/2 C Maple Syrup
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
Oil or Butter for Pan

In a Large bowl, measure 3 cups of Crispy Brown Rice Cereal.

Grease 8x8 pan, set aside. In a small saucepan combine cashew butter, maple syrup and sea salt. 
Cook over medium low heat until combined and slightly thick.
Pour into Crispy Brown Rice Cereal. Stir until cereal is completely coated and clumps together.
Pour cereal into pan and gently press into pan with a spatula.
Chill in fridge for 30 minutes then cut into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment